Friday, December 18, 2009

A free Citizen Cope download

Here’s something for fans of HBO’s “The Wire” who happen to share UBM’s taste in music.

I never knew that Citizen Cope was invited to record a version of “Way Down in the Hole,” the Tom Waits tune, to possibly serve as main-title music for “The Wire.”

That didn’t work out for him. But Citizen Cope is now giving away his version as a FREE MP3. Click here to hear it.

To download, follow this link to the artist’s website, then provide your email address.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. That's too bad. Sounds good. I can see why it didn't ever make it as the opener -- the sound is way too slow and not "gritty" enough, I think. However, I do think it probably would have served well accompanying some sort of a vingete on the show. I like it. Kinda has that Michael Franti vibe. And frankly, this is the only version where I was actually able to hear and appreciate the lyrics. The music and the vocals in the other versions that made it on the series seemed too overbearing for me with the loud sound and screaming.