Sunday, April 26, 2009

New cuts from Grace Jones, Wendy & Lisa

Time to catch up with a couple of old favorites with new albums out.

Actually, Grace Jones’s “Hurricane” CD hasn’t been released in the U.S. yet. (It came out last fall in Europe and Japan.)

The new Grace track that jumped into my lap and started licking my face is “Well Well Well,” written by Jones and guitarist Barry Reynolds. Reynolds was part of the awesome Compass Point studio band that backed Ms. Jones on her greatest LPs (“Warm Leatherette,” “Nightclubbing” and “Living My Life”).

“Well Well Well” has the island flavor of “Private Life,” her classic cover of the Chrissie Hynde tune. Click here to hear “Well Well Well” on my Vox blog.

As for Wendy & Lisa, their new album came out in February. It’s called “White Flags of Winter Chimneys.”

The only cut I’m feeling is “Niagra Falls.” Click here to listen.

4 comments:

Dacks said...

Read an amazing interview with Wendy and Lisa the other day, it's here:

http://www.out.com/detail.asp?id=25083

bklyn6 said...

UBM, the Grace Jones track only streamed for about 3 seconds. :-(

I like her! Good to see she's still making music.

I've never been a big W&L fan. I don't know why considering that I was a big fan of the MPLS sound back in the day. Nevertheless, I will read the "Out" article. Thanks Dacks!

Undercover Black Man said...

UBM, the Grace Jones track only streamed for about 3 seconds.

Oh wow. It's working for me. Do me a favor, bklyn6, and hit that link again. Tell me if you have the same problem.

If so, I'll re-upload it.

bklyn6 said...

^It works now. Thank you.