Thursday, October 30, 2008

Princeness

Before I drop some N’Orleans funk on y’all, I wanna mention an early Christmas gift I got for myself.

Remember when Prince performed in London last year for 21 nights in a row? A new artsy picture book is out to commemorate those gigs. So I bought one.

Along with the book comes a CD titled “Indigo Nights.” And on that CD are live recordings from Prince’s renowned after-show jams.

I’m streaming one of those tracks – “Alphabet St.” – on my Vox blog. Click here to listen. Because it’s blazing hot.

8 comments:

bklyn6 said...

Thank you!

Um...you do know that Prince is very litigious, right? :P

Anonymous said...

Whoooo, that IS funky.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Tightest band since James? Yeah, I think so...

Undercover Black Man said...

...you do know that Prince is very litigious, right?

And it's a damn shame. Remember the NPG Music Club or whatever it was? He used to give away free MP3s. Now he wages war against teh internets.

Why he gotta act that way??

Invisible Woman said...

You might be OK...he let us slide for Old School Music Friday after threatening the first blogger with his infamous "sheriff". I think there were 25 of us participating :-)

Undercover Black Man said...

... after threatening the first blogger with his infamous "sheriff".

Oh wow... for real?

Anonymous said...

amazing! thanks for sharing. looking forward to the nawlins funk too!

Anonymous said...

You just made my night... :)