Sunday, December 23, 2007

Some free Vinx downloads

Remember Vinx?

A serendipitous encounter with Sting in 1990 launched Vinx into a brief period of being buzzed about by the pop-music establishment.

Vinx continues to sing beautifully, and is marketing himself with sophistication on the Web.

If you have a MySpace account, you can download some FREE MP3s direct from Vinx. He has five of them available on his MySpace page.

One of those is called “Who Did You.” To hear it on my Vox audio stash, click here.

I can also let you Southern Californians know: Vinx will be doing a New Year’s Eve gig at Genghis Cohen.

3 comments:

DeAngelo Starnes said...

The shit he did with Jungle Funk was my favorite Vinx output. He's cool.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ I bought that joint years ago and never played it. Hope I didn't lose it!

Vinx put out a nice straight-up jazz CD a few years back too. Versatile cat.

The Pop View said...

I always loved the song "There I Go Again" from his 1992 album I Love My Job.